Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm baaaaack!!!!

hey, throw an 'r' in there and I'm Barack : )

anyway, my posts mysteriously fell off just before the dreaded Valentine's Day. I think I fell out of love with the idea of keeping this blog. I mean who really cares what I think anyway? I haven't even told many people I started this.
But then I read last night about Chez Pazienza who was just fired from CNN (with no severance, I might add, which makes my termination less monstrous to me)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chez-pazienza/say-what-you-will-requie_b_87282.html

and why not be inspired by his example? why not try to amplify my voice and vent a bit and if someone reads it and is inspired to act or even just thinks more because of it then all the better ... we are in need of another revolution, after all.

but I can't rally at the moment, I have two young children home from school on the Presidents Day break and lots of noise ~ environment not at all conducive to intelligent thought ... hard to focus on big picture topics like the Constitution and Kosovo declaring independence and what it means for Bush to be in Africa when all I can hear is incessant whining and fighting interspersed with a stuffed duck that chirps nonstop and the ever present nagging calls for "Mom!" (are they actually referring to me? and who are they anyway?) all against the lovely backdrop of Nickelodeon or Tom and Jerry cartoons. It makes the head throb.

No comments: